Pune used to be one of the most scenic heritage cities in the state of Maharashtra and people used to visit Pune to enjoy a calm and relaxing time in the city with beautiful forts and pleasant weather. Today Pune is the 7th most populated city in India which is growing at a rapid pace. Although it still has its beautiful and pleasant weather intact but becoming the 2nd largest city of Maharashtra after Mumbai adds up some of the huge burdens of settlement on the city.
How did I end up buying one of the most beautiful resale flats in Pune?
I have been born and brought up in the beautiful city of Mumbai, Maharashtra. I have lived there and even completed my studies from Mumbai. After my graduation, the opportunity of a good job prospect arrived for me after I cracked the banking entrance exam and was posted in the city of Pune.
I have visited Pune very few times in my life at some family gathering, but I remember the greenery and the beautiful weather in the city. I remember quite well that I liked being there as being a city boy we were not adept at such greenery every day. I liked the idea of moving there for my first job and started living on rent in Pune.
Pune was as I wished it to be and I liked myself over there. After 3 years of living and working in Pune, I got married and now I had to think about moving forward from by 1 RK rented apartment to a bigger flat.
My father was soon going to retire and we decided together to move permanently to Pune with my parents. My parents were very happy with the idea as they loved the city for its peace and tranquility after living their whole lives in Mumbai. We decided to sell our home in Mumbai and look for 3 BHK flats in Pune.
My bank branch was situated in Baner which is one of the hotspots of real estate development in the fast-growing city of Pune. I decided to look for 3 BHK flats in Pune near my office so that I can save time in commute. Although I knew that it would be a very costly investment yet I thought that I could afford it.
The prices of the newly developed 3 BHK flats in Pune, near the Baner area, were very expensive, and although my father was helping me out with down payment I didn’t want to submerge myself in such a huge debt of home loan so early in my career.
Baner is situated off the Khatraj-Dehu road bypass and lies in the middle of the road which connects to the Mumbai-Pune expressway. So the location itself defines the importance of the locality. But owning 3 BHK flats in Pune would be so expensive was just causing me great discomfort as I had to look for other areas in Pune now to live in.
One day my father came up to me with the idea of buying resale flats in Pune although the idea was not wrong as resale flats in Puneoften cost less than new 3 BHK flats in Pune. Baner being the hub of most of the IT companies in Pune is also one of the main reasons for the area being so expensive.
Resale flats in Pune and especially in Baner are not a bad idea as the flats which have come up in Baner are not too old and most of the projects are not more than a decade old. Although being in the banking sector I have seen and heard a lot of issues which a person has to deal with while buying a resale flat in Pune. Some of them are given below:
- Age of the property
- Some of the existing unpaid mortgages on a resale flat
- Charges of transfer and new registration are often too high.
- Transfer fees required for utility transfer is often high.
- High brokerage
- Renovations and expenses in repairs
- Lack of proper facilities and amenities and many more.
Therefore replacing my plan of buying 3 BHK flats in Pune with resaleflats is not that secure as I had thought it to be. Another problem is the time that needs to be invested in searching proper resale flats in Pune as I also have a job that I need to focus on.
One fine day a colleague of mine with whom I had shared my problems told me to check out this new real estate website Housing.com which has a host of features that might be helpful for me in searching for resale flats in Puneoreven cheap 3 BHK flats in Pune.
I was blown over by the number of features Housing.com offered in cases of resale flats in Pune or brand new3 BHK flats in Pune. Some of the amazing features of the websites are:
- First of all, visit the website housing where you have to sign up through your Google id or any other e-mail id, and you are ready to browse for houses in Pune.
- The website will offer you options for setting filters for either new projects or resale flats in Pune. It will also provide you with filter
- More options, like the location you are searching for, like in my case I chose Baner.
- Then it will provide you with options like property type, for example, Villa, Apartments, independent floor house, independent house, penthouse, duplex, studio and even plots.
- The options range from 1 RK to 5 BHK houses.
- Some filters can be set for the age of the property as well as the pricing range.
- There are filters for choosing the number of bathrooms, the directional face of the property as well as a medium of a seller like a developer, broker or direct owner.
These all filters greatly helped me to find the most suitable resale flat in Pune under my budget and in my choice of location and for that I shall be always grateful to Housing.com