There are literally thousands of remedies for weight loss. The tricky part is to find the one that works and really works for you, your body type, and your lifestyle. Often, basic diet and exercise just aren’t enough to give the body that boosts it needs to kick start it into weight-loss mode, so you need to find something supplemental that is healthy, convenient, and quickly added into your lifestyle.
If you are here with us on this journey to wellness and want to lose weight for better health, congratulations on taking the first step. In time, and with patience, you will be glad you did this for yourself. Let us introduce you to the newest and latest all-natural weight loss supplement, psyllium husk. It may be a bit hard to say, but it is easy to take and easy to lose weight with. You’ll definitely want to give this one a try, or at least read on to find out some more.
What is Psyllium Husk?
Psyllium husk is native to India and Pakistan and is derived from a plant called the Plantago ovata, or better known as Desert Indian wheat. In its native regions, it has been used medicinally for many years. Its main component is a swelling fiber, leaving one feeling fuller for longer time periods and aiding in all aspects of digestion.
Health Benefits for Losing Weight
We all know why we need to lose weight. Well, we think we do. It’s just overall better for our health. Right? But if you really knew the benefits of having a healthy BMI, you might try just a wee bit harder to shed a few pounds.
- Weight loss will actually get you better quality sleep by helping you sleep longer and deeper. It will also help you alleviate sleep apnea and snoring.
- If they haven’t already, your joints will begin to take a beating from the additional weight you are carrying around. The equation is simple. Less weight equals less pressure on your joints and less pain.
- Bet you didn’t know your skin would benefit from weight loss as well. With the combination of eating healthy and exercising, you are flushing out toxins all over your body, including your skin.
- Increased immunity. Nothing fights colds better than a healthy lifestyle.
- Here’s a great one: Research has shown that your memory gets sharper when total body weight has been reduced!
- With proper weight, you may be able to ween yourself off of several prescription medications, which in themselves have an abundance of side effects.
- Say goodbye to some allergies! Carrying excess weight has been shown to exacerbate allergy symptoms by straining your respiratory system
- Most importantly, losing weight helps with longevity. You will position yourself to live a healthier and longer life.
Why Choose Psyllium Husk for Weight Loss?
Yes, dozens of supplements can aid the weight loss process. Popular products such as curcumin, vitamin b12, carnitine, and raspberry ketones can boost metabolism. One of the many uses of turmeric is helping weight management in diabetics. You can also try a stimulant such as caffeine, but psyllium husk is different.
A primary reason to try psyllium husk is that it is an all-natural approach to weight loss. It uses no chemicals or harmful devices to manipulate the body into anything dangerous. Psyllium husk has gotten extremely popular due to its high success rate and has several tests and research conducted on its effectiveness.
In one recent study published in Appetite in 2016, taking psyllium before breakfast and lunch for 3 days resulted in greater satiety between meals. Meaning, the participants experience less hunger and increased fullness after breakfast and lunch. In an additional study published in the Nutritional Journal, it was found that people with type 2 diabetes who took 10.5 grams of psyllium daily for eight weeks experienced great results. Their BMI was lower, and their fasting blood sugar levels, insulin, and other blood markers were found to have improved.
The Benefits of Psyllium Husk
Aside from aiding in weight loss, psyllium husk has many additional benefits.
- It is a great source of fiber and is used to relieve constipation as well as firming up loose stools and diarrhea
- It is a natural remedy for keeping cholesterol under control
- Psyllium has improved symptoms of IBS or irritable bowel syndrome
- It is also used as a great detox for the colon and intestines.
- Psyllium husk is much less expensive than similar products claiming to have the same effects.
How to Take Psyllium for Weight Loss
- It is recommended to start psyllium at low doses and work your way up to the daily allocated dosage over a two week period, allowing your body to adjust.
- Take it with sufficient amounts of water. You would typically mix one teaspoon with eight ounces of water. Insufficient water could actually cause psyllium in powdered form to be a choking hazard or could lead to bowel obstruction.
- Add psyllium husk to your meals, or for greater absorption and effectiveness take the supplement about 30 minutes before eating.
- You can take it plain or add it to your foods. It is perfect in yogurts, oatmeals, and even soups and sauces. People have also reported reaping the benefits by preparing healthier pastries with it.
It is always important to speak to a professional before starting any new health regimen to ensure your safety. Many prescription medications prohibit the addition of supplements simultaneously while under treatment, as they could be counteractive. Psyllium husk should not be taken by people who suffer from stomach issues such as appendicitis, spasms, colorectal adenoma, or a narrowing of the digestive tract or by patients with kidney disease.
Always remember, perseverance and consistency are the keys to many things in life, including losing weight and staying healthy. Create good routines that include exercise, a healthy diet, and plenty of sleep to keep your body in its optimal condition so you can focus on your weight loss goals.