You may know it, or not, but there are lots of video file formats. avi, MOV, Mkv, DivX, MPEG, 3gp, WMV, VOB, asf, rm are some of the popular video file extensions. The problem is that all devices (including smartphones and tablets) cannot read all basic video formats. So today I’m going to talk about the mp4 format which has the advantage of being a universally compatible format and solutions to convert your videos to mp4. You will not have any problem to play your videos in mp4 format, even on a phone or tablet in Android or iOS.
What is an mp4 file?
You certainly know the mp3 file format which is the most popular format for audio files. It is supported by all devices. Even if it is not the best file format to faithfully reproduce an audio recording (but hey, let’s go …). The mp4 is the equivalent of the mp3 format for video even though this format can also be used only for audio. This is called a container format to encapsulate audio or video data.
What solutions to convert a video file to an mp4 format?
I’m going to talk to you today about two ways to convert your videos into .mp4 files, one paid and the other free (but with more restricted features, normal). Note that it also works perfectly to convert a MOV to mp4, MOV is a video format developed by Apple.
Wondershare, a technology company popular for publishing PDFelement, the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat for creating pdf, editing or merging documents in pdf format, has developed an amazing software, the UniConverter.
Wondershare UniConverter is not only a powerful and easy-to-use mp4 converter but it allows much more:
– converting any video and audio format into over 1000 formats. You can convert VOB to MP4, MOV to MP4 and so on easily;
– editing videos to make video editing easy with just a few clicks: you can cut, crop, crop and add videos, watermarks or subtitles;
– uploading videos from YouTube, Facebook, streaming sites or other sites;
– easy download of videos from a playlist or YouTube channel
– you can burn DVD and Blu-ray videos to save your images, videos and audio files to DVD / Blu-ray;
– compression of videos to reduce the size of your videos without loss of quality.
– animated gif creation from your images and videos so you can easily share them with your friends and family.
– image conversion and editing: the software includes an image editor that will allow you to sublimate your photos and easily make photomontages.
– screen recorder (audio and video) for example to be able to make your own video tutorials or share and broadcast your best games of video games.
– simultaneous conversion of batch videos into different formats that will save you time compared to one-to-one video conversion.
Note that the software is available on Windows and Mac and is offered in a free trial version to test and familiarize you with its powerful features.
What are you waiting for? Just download the UniConverter and enjoy its features!