This is the American Dream story of getting rich but working hard to get there. This story covers a family for over a century, and shows, how determination and a good business sense together with strong family love can build a formidable time-tested and long-lasting commercial empire.
Before the Dollar General Store was founded on June 1, 1955, by the father and so team of James Luther and his son Cal Turner in Springfield Kentucky, the father went through a tough time in American history; the recession.
James Luther did not have a typical upbringing; his father died young, so he decided to drop out of school to help out around the family farm, and then went on to sell grocery for 10 years. He was a smart salesman, but an even better businessman and succeeded in building up enough income to help buy a house in Kentucky.
He bought the house during the recession, and it was a hard time, but for some, hardship is time for challenge and James saw the benefits of the hard times, using them to his advantage, he bought out bankrupt general stores, and then resold them for a profit. This entrepreneurial mindset is the base of his son’s education and how Cal learned all about business. The difference being that Cal got a full education and joined his father to create a formidable team.
It was 1939, just before WWII hit the American shores, and the father and son duo put up together $10,000 which was a lot of money at that time, to found the first J.L. Turner and Son Wholesale. Their accumulated knowledge base let them successfully reach a $2 million in sales by 1950. They then had an idea on how to market their stores even more lucratively and opened up the first Dollar General store in 1955. The psychological effect of buying for only $1 in the minds of most was enough to make this store an overnight sensation and a great commercial success.
In 1964, James Luther passed away, and Cal continued to steer the company to success after success with business reaching over $40 million in yearly sales, and profits targeting $1.5 million a year. This was the year that Luther took the company public, injecting even more capital allowing them to begin their massive expansion plans.
Since them, Dollar General has expanded to over 15,000 stores worldwide, Cal retired in 2002, and after that, the Dollar General stores continued to thrive going from public to private and public again and now owns stores, express locations, and distribution centers.
Today, DG maintains a customer-centric approach, supporting both physical locations with digital applications so that customers can benefit from the affordable products sold in all locations.
The leading platform that DG developed is the DGCustomerFirst survey site, which is a very simple, highly focused web site that allows customers to input their purchase stub data and compete in an online competition.
By connecting the customer with DG and allowing the customer to participate in sharing their buying experience with DG, DG created a weekly $100 sweepstake lottery.
The Survey gives out coupon prizes of $3 to $15 per coupon as well as a $100 sweepstake lottery prize, where 4 winners are announced every week. Customers can enter only once per sweepstake and must be over 18 years of age and live only in the USA.
This is the DG site page:
Survey Rules & Eligibility
For a full set of rules and regulations; read the Official Rules Page here: https://www.dgcustomerfirst.com/(X(1)S(jtlxjnw3kwjnsdq2uf0g1w4v))/PContent.aspx?Page=Rules&c=453702
Sign Up For More DG Coupons Here
This is the link; https://dg.coupons.com/signup/ : where you sign up to receive text message coupons directly from the Dollar General.
You can also view the winner’s list here; https://www.dgcustomerfirst.com/PContent.aspx?Page=Winners&c=181220&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Online Contact Form; https://www.dollargeneral.com/contact
Going to any Dollar General store can be quite therapeutic for some of us. You go in planning on buying one or two things, but you end up with a haul at the end of the day. However, just like in any other store, Dollar General stores have issues. Sometimes, these issues don’t get passed on to management. That’s why they started the Dollar General Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Basically, the survey provides the management an inside look at the experience customers has when entering their stores. Are the employees friendly? Are they following protocol? Are the items priced right? Are the items stocked properly? These questions and their answers give the management team a good idea of the current status of the specific store and what can be done to address (or reward) reports from customers.
The Dollar General Customer Satisfaction Survey works just like any other survey out there. You can check the survey at https://dgcustomerfirst.com/. The survey is online only so you need a working Internet connection to join in. You need three pieces of information before you can take the survey. These are the time, store number, and unique 15-digit survey code. All these things can be found on your receipt.
If you finished the survey, you are given a choice to enter the sweepstakes. In the sweepstakes, 10 people can win $100 gift cards from Dollar General. You must be at least 18 years old and above and a resident of the United States to join.
- The first thing to do is to go to https://dgcustomerfirst.com/ to enter the Dollar General Customer Satisfaction Survey. The first page will ask you to enter the time, store number, and 15-digit survey code. This information will be found on your receipt from any Dollar General store.
- After you input the needed information, you are then taken to the next page where you are asked whether you were satisfied with your shopping experience. In this page, you can also see the eligibility requirements to enter the sweepstakes.
- Next page will ask you basic survey questions based on your recent visit. The questions will be about the cleanliness of the store, the availability, and prices of products, and the assistance you get. Rate each one with Highly Satisfied as the highest and Highly Dissatisfied as the lowest.
- Next page will be a continuation of the previous page. The questions focus on the selection of products available, friendliness of the employees, and the overall value of the items you got for the price you paid.
- Next page would ask you if you encountered any problems during your visit. Select Yes or No accordingly.
- If you selected “Yes” on the previous question, you would be taken to the next page where you will be asked regarding the level of satisfaction you got in the resolution of the problem. If the problem was not resolved, select N/A.
- Next set of questions will be with regards to the likelihood of you visiting the Dollar General store again in the next 30 days and recommending it to other people. Rate accordingly.
- This question will ask you to mark the corresponding answer to how many times you have visited the specific Dollar General store during the past 30 days.
- This page tries to ask you regarding the level of customer service you got from employees. Mark yes or no to the questions.
- The next page asks you if you are interested in joining the survey. It also reiterates the eligibility requirement to join.
- If you selected “Yes” on the previous question, you have to fill in the following information to enter the survey. After filling out the questions, put a checkmark on the box to signify that you are eligible to join and win in the sweepstakes.
- After inputting your personal information, you will be taken to the Thank You page. This is where you get confirmation that you are entered into the sweepstakes.
DG Customer First Survey FAQs
- How Can I take the Survey?
- You can go to https://dgcustomerfirst.com/ to take the survey. It’s an online-only survey, so an active Internet connection is needed.
- Do I need a purchase to take part in the survey?
- A receipt is needed for you to join in, so a purchase is necessary.
- Can I enter as many times as possible?
- You are allowed one entry to the sweepstakes per survey period, but you are free to take the survey as many times as you have receipts.
- Will a larger amount on the receipt affect my chances of winning?
- The draws are done by random so buying more in your receipt will not increase your chances of winning.
- Can I enter the sweepstakes without taking part in the survey?
- Yes. You can enter the sweepstakes without taking part in the survey. You can do this by mail-in entry.
DG Customer First Survey Eligibility, Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Residents of the United States of America are eligible to join the sweepstakes.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be able to enter.
- Employees of Dollar General are not allowed to enter
- Relatives or living in the same household as that of a Dollar General employee are not eligible to join.
- A purchase is necessary or survey response card to join the sweepstakes via survey.
Dollar General Releases DG GO! App Making Checkouts Easier
Whenever we go out to buy something we want it to be as painless as possible. At times we are out to buy one item, but the thought of going through a line of people on the checkout can be quite daunting. Sure, you found your item within 5 minutes of entering the store, but if it takes you 15 minutes to check out then that’s a bit NO for a lot of us.
Dollar General understands this and in line with their efforts to make shopping at any Dollar General store a great experience for everybody – they released a new app to help us out.
The app, named DG GO!, is not just a simple shopping app. It’s meant to change the way you shop.
The first feature that caught our attention was its ability to let you check out through the app at participating stores. This means no more waiting in line to get a few of your items checked out. Get your item, pay through the app, and you are well on your way out of the store.\
The app also gives you the ability to track your spending. Through your phone’s camera, the app will identify items you have grabbed and shows the prices and a current total of your haul. This way, you know how much you are going to pay as you go along.
The DG GO! App also gives the customers the power to get even bigger discounts on their purchases. By guiding the customer to the best deals in the store, you can be sure you get the most out of every dollar. The app even helps you out by checking what coupons are applicable for your purchase.
You also get 10% off your Dollar General store purchase when you use the DG GO! App. Now, who would say no to that?
Dollar General Secrets Their Employees Won’t Tell You
Dollar stores are popular amongst us for one thing – value for your money. While we shouldn’t expect something of top quality from a dollar store, getting what you need plus more for a smaller amount is not always a bad idea.
But how do you maximize your Dollar General trip? Well, here are some tips that you might want to read up on. These are things you can legally do or ask in a Dollar General store, so you get more for every dollar you spend. Let’s try to talk about them one-by-one.
- Buy in bulk – Although this is quite obvious, a lot of people think buying in bulk is a waste. Note however that not all things should be bought in bulk. Soaps, for example, are a great buy in bulk.
- Go after the holiday season – Got something in mind but don’t want to buy it at regular prices? Go after the holidays. The Dollar Store might have stocked up on it over the holidays and didn’t sell everything. You can get them at least 20% to 50% cheaper than usual.
- Don’t go small – A lot of stores give you an idea of “cheaper products” by selling items in smaller packages. While this may work if you live alone, this may cost you more in the long run if you have a family.
- Go for the household products – As long as you are not the type of person who is allergic to off-brand 2-ply bathroom tissue, household products from the Dollar General are as good as those being sold in bigger stores.
- Check the expiration date – Found a good deal? Check the expiration date first. Make sure that it’s not too close unless you want to waste a good deal.
- The inventory changes – Visited a Dollar General but didn’t find anything worth taking to the checkout? Visit it again after a month — the inventory changes depending on the trends and the buying patterns for the people around the store. You might find something nice.