Because a piano is heavy big and fragile, it is difficult to move. Its future operation depends on its structural integrity as well as the absence of internal damage after transportation. It is crucial to take extra care when transporting it.
Making the necessary preparations for the transportation instrument
For proper transportation of this type of instrument, it is necessary to make preparations for the process by detaching the external parts of the instrument before its use. You’ll need:
- if necessary, dismantle the mechanism that strikes, and then remove the bolts fastening it; however, we do not recommend touching the mechanism;
- Remove the top cover. The majority of latches are used to secure it.
- loosen the cover on the bottom to secure the pedals;
- Use a screwdriver to open the cover, which protects the keys.
This after that, the various elements must be packed with care, the strings – secured with dense paper, and then the cover and keys should be separated using the help of a soft fabric.
If you transport your instrument by yourself and cannot disassemble the parts, you will be required to take it in its assembled form and make sure the covers are secured with duct tape. This will prevent the possibility of mechanical damage when you transport it.
The piano should be packed tightly with special bubble wrap. If you do not have one, then use blankets, cover the instrument in them and secure it with rope. This way you minimize the risk of damage.
Plan of Action Plan of Action
It is important to first understand the parameters of the product you are planning to transport with the best piano movers in NYC. Transportation is often necessary for pianos that measure around 1.5 meters in length and differ only in height. The gravity center is located at 120 centimeters high. This is not the weight case, however:
- It is essential to put your instrument in a proper position when you transport it. you should inform others and correct the issue when the instrument is not in the correct position.
- When transporting a piano, you must always consider an even distribution of weight and support points. That’s why it’s recommended to use a specialized loader for every 45 kg of weight.
- Don’t do the transportation yourself if you don’t have any experience in transporting goods of this nature. Use the services of professionals from reliable transport companies such as Zithromax. They can transport instruments quickly and safely, as well as take them down and up the staircase.
- Think about all possible entrances and routes that you could encounter on your route. It is necessary to abandon your plan if your piano can’t be accessed through the doorway.
- Keep the instrument supported by the floor at all times; keep in mind that a piano facing downwards exerts an enormous amount of pressure.
- How do you properly transport pianos? This is how you can safely transport pianos:
- large models 320-500 kg.
- Small models weigh between 180 to 280 kilos;
- It is important to ensure that everyone who is involved in the process is outfitted with the straps required and fasteners to move the piano safely.
- It is important to first consider the best vehicle to transport your items, as well as the options for loading the device. You can also leave the task to the experts.
- If you experience a situation that is traumatic be sure that everyone will be removed fast, for example, when one person falls.
- It is important to inspect the staircase to the point at which you intend to take the piano up or down. The stairs might not be able to handle the weight of the piano if it and the employees of the transport firm are in the same space. This can be a risk to the health of the piano as for the safety of those who play the stairs.
When transporting a piano, the most important rule is to move it slow and cautiously. The experts and you should be able to stop at the right moment to grab the piano, take a deep breath, and then regain your strength. This will give you complete control of the situation, and decrease the possibility of unexpected events.
Fixing and loading inserts into your vehicle
When the entire work is completed, you can be sure that the bulk of the work is done. It’s now time for the vehicle to load it.
The piano should be securely secured. Hydraulic elevators and clamps are utilized to secure vehicles that can carry a large amount. These clamps can be used to secure the instrument to its side.
Avoid transporting your piano in frigid temperatures. The instrument will respond to changes in temperature.
Before transportation, designate the route and take it without haste to avoid a lot of jolts, vibrations, and mechanical damages Take it slow but steadily.
The Zeromax company is a highly skilled transport service that will make sure that your piano arrives safe and in good condition. We’ll handle the transport of your delicate piano efficiently and at the most affordable cost within your region!