General characteristics of the style
The province of the same name is known for its fragrant lavender fields, aromatic spices, delicious cheeses, cozy houses, as well as the charm of the sea and sunlight. These components have become an integral part of modern Provence design.
Delicate, as if a little faded in the sun, colors create home warmth and coziness. The interior of the house in the Provence style does not include pretentious and defiant elements. The atmosphere breathes with calm and serenity.
Despite the fact that the atmosphere is discreet and is not associated with luxury, a person feels in it a homely warmth and naturalness. Rough plaster, slightly shabby furniture, lavender shades, textiles – this is Provence.
Despite its authenticity, the style looks impressive not only in France but also in other countries. Moreover, it can be created not only in country houses but also in ordinary apartments.
Furniture is made of wood Cosywood.co.uk, which is artificially aged. The upholstery is most often made from fabrics with small colorful patterns.
Let’s list the main features of modern Provence in the interior:
- Light colors prevail. The main colors of Provence in the interior are lavender, white, light yellow, turquoise, light blue, cream, beige, light brown. All colors are muted, without pronounced contrasts.
- Bright rooms with large wooden windows, most often with white frames.
- An important element of Provence interior design is a fireplace. It is best to overlay it with a stone, and put decor on top – forged candlesticks, porcelain, photographs in an aged baguette.
- Antique, slightly shabby artistry furniture without abundant decor and massive elements. Furniture is made of wood, which is artificially aged. The upholstery is most often made from fabrics with small colorful patterns.
- Interior design in the Provence style provides for an abundance of textiles – light curtains, tablecloths, ruffled bedspreads, mostly handmade carpets. Only natural fabrics are used – wool, cotton, linen.
- The style is not connected with the minimalism, so in order not to overload the atmosphere with colorful prints and decor, the rest of the things are hidden in cabinets or dressers with spacious drawers.
- Forging elements – frames of mirrors, clocks, stair railings.
- House paths in a characteristic color scheme.
- Floral arrangements, porcelain, wrought-iron candlesticks are used as decor. Provence interior items do not differ in rich colors and modern design.
- The patterns are predominantly vegetable – fragrant flowers, shrubs, low trees, flying dragonflies.
- Provence in the interior of the apartment provides for a lot of light. Large windows, central chandeliers with many lamps, floor lamps with shades of light colors, forged lamps will help to achieve this effect.
- Dishes are used in a simple form and most often with a floral print.
The Provence style in the interior of the apartment does not bother most people for a long time, so they can not change the style for years; and if there is a desire to make changes, you can always change the accents in the setting.
Provence design is suitable, first of all, for people with a calm type of temperament. On choleric people, it can also have a calming effect, restraining their temper. The direction will appeal to creative people – writers and painters. Many world-renowned artists love Provence for its magnificent play of colors and light, for its naturalness and beauty.