Your office is the one place that is going to take you closer to your goals and ambitions. If you have an uncomfortable office, then it is for you to understand that you opt for not having an office instead because the whole purpose of having an office is to be able to work comfortably in a safe space that is going to keep you disciplined and online. Your goal is your responsibility and how you reach and achieve it is your understanding and your journey.
Office interiors and design have a lot to do with people’s overall productivity levels. Apart from relying on technology, there are much cheaper and rationally explained ways to do so. So, to make your office a more comfortable working space, you might need the following things:
- Office Desk – An office desk can be in various forms. From a standing desk to a DIY desk to a sit and stand desk to a normal desk, office desks come in a varied range of classifications. This variety can be chosen from and placed in your office wherever you feel is comfortable. To have your desk placed beside the window will be a good option because this way you can make sure that you are constantly breathing in the fresh air and are connected to nature.
- Ergonomic chair – An ergonomic chair, also known as an office chair plays not just the role of your chair but also the role of your bed when you want a short escape from your work and decide on taking a nap. An ergonomic chair displays many features that help your working life become more comfortable.
From an adjustable height to an adjustable armrest height to tires attached to its leg to a sleek design, an office chair has it all. If your office chair is very comfortable only then can you focus on your work? It is also imperative that your office chair has a headrest attached to it.
- Filing cabinets – Filing cabinets are a very important addition to your office. With the world becoming so quick-paced, the scope of documentation has diversified. For everything that you do, you are needed to have legal documents and proofs of the same. If you are working as an HR, then you will have a lot of CVs and documents to take care of and keep a record of. This is where filing cabinets come into the picture. Filing cabinets play a very important role in any office as they help in keeping more organized and presentable.
- Indoor plants – Indoor plants play the role of being a charm in the room. With indoor plants in place, not only will your room look cozy and you will feel at home but you will also attract customers and clients. It is a saying that indoor plants play the role of a lucky charm and help in attracting more customers and clients.
Many offices that you will see will have at least indoor plants including the money plant. These plants make the room look good and provide fresh air. If you have space without windows, then keeping an indoor plant in the room is a very safe decision to take. If you use water coolers for your office, you can place these near the plants. It will be relaxing for the employees taking a water break.
- Lighting – Ensure that there is an ample amount of light present in the room and if possible, it should be suitable for day as well as night routines. Allow as much natural light as possible in the room through wall-size windows and the direction of the sunlight. The plants and main work desk or workplace will be placed accordingly. Insufficient or excess lighting will only end up causing eye strain, headaches, and stress.
- Colors – For you to work in an office properly, it is important that the vibe of the room is set. Colors play a very important role in setting the tone of the room. You must have often heard people saying that room A was so dark they couldn’t see or that room B was so light that it was almost pinching the eyes. All of these things bother people and yet designers tend to let them go unnoticed which is very wrong because painted walls play a great role in making the place look and feel like a success. It is always advised that one takes different color combinations into consideration and makes sure that every detail has been colored in a synchronized manner and that the combination looks good. For offices, it is advisable that one chooses soothing or toned down colors. Users may choose bright colors but in toned-down shades. There is already a lot happening at one time in one place so the walls and the furniture need not be too loud and eye-catching. While people should refrain from using white, they are obviously free to experiment with what works best for them!
We also have a few tips we know our readers will love! For one, choose an office or construct one with raised ceilings. People are said to think more freely and creatively in offices with raised ceilings. Secondly, employers should exercise strict control over the noise level. Most people can work and think in a calm and quiet environment only. Thirdly, research shows that people who place pictures of their family and loved ones on their desk perform better so some might want to start with that too!
All in all, designing and creating is a unique and personal experience. There is no right or wrong way to go about it. Apart from the basic points covered above, office designers and goers are encouraged to try new things such as templates, themes, designs, colors, etc. The commencement of such a task might prove to be confusing for some people. So, start from the basics and take it up from there. People may make a lot of decisions on the basis of their pre-defined budget rather than remaining confused. Every workplace should be flexible and functional for the users to be productive.